November 23rd, 2011

Chef Homaro Cantu: Sneak Peek

In the words of Chef Homaro Cantu, "a molecular gastronomist is really just someone who explores the world of science and food."  Cantu is a chef who uses tools you wouldn't ordinarily find in a kitchen – sonifiers, lasers, and super conductors to name a few.

To save paper, Cantu serves his customers with edible menus.  And have you ever 'flavor-tripped?'  When experimenting in his two Chicago restaurants, Moto and ING, the real thrill for him is to make "something impossible. Creating something that shouldn't be."

A 'Second City' secret supper with Homaru Cantu

Tune in to see Homaro Cantu make food beyond your wildest dreams and see why he's earned a spot on The Next List.

Sunday 2 p.m. E.T. on CNN, February 5th

Post by:
Filed under: Food • The Next List
  1. becket

Ferran Adria is the man, everyone else is just an imposter. Even Adria has walked away from this Molecular stuff.

June 26, 2013 at 12:31 pm | Reply
  2. weight loss

Remarkable things here. I am very glad to peer your article. Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

April 4, 2012 at 5:03 am | Reply
  3. Karen Brooks

I hahve a devistating problem with ny eyes and Im getting passed around to an endless nround of specilist .Round and round I go nobody knoes nobody knows.Cn I get a nameof some one who is not scared or embarrassed about know knowing whats wrong?Is there a Nise doctor house whso right brain will get the left up off its comfortable ass hehe;I am an artist 57 Iwas a writer and performer i the 80s Karen Brooks googled. THankyou can you help there are no doctors left .

December 3, 2011 at 8:03 am | Reply
  4. I am the walrus

Keep an eye on this everyone. http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miracle-Berry-Diet-Cookbook/191032087614974

November 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Reply
    • Heather

Ye these fan pages are awylas so obviously fake, but they are almost quarter of the pages my friends become fans of! I dunno why they haven't realised it by now.

February 21, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  5. Jade

This is soooo freaken cool...God bless him and his miracle berry...as a nurse I see this as the answer to so many chemo patient' everywhere.....where can I get my hand on this information so I can share it with others????

November 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  6. Elizabeth Sandia

This program on Homaro Cantu was a big dash of hope for our food industry. Where does one at home get the miracle berry? Could there be a cookbook coming soon? This man is so needed and I appreciate hearing about him. Thanks!

November 27, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  7. Forsetti

Rename Cantu's restaurant The Emperor's New Clothes? Or The Gullible Gourmet?

November 27, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Reply