March 29th, 2012

'The Next List': An archive of fascinating people

Every Sunday at 2 p.m. ET the CNN show 'The Next List' profiles a person with a new idea that could change the world. Here's a list of all of the innovators the show has featured since it started in November 2011. Check back for updates.

Hugh Herr, prosthetics developer and bionic man

Blue School, the Blue Man Group takes on education

Syyn Labs, California 'creative art collective'

Dan Ogola, Kenyan healthcare activist

Yves Behar, designer of $100 laptop

Dale Dougherty, 'maker' movement guru

Ubaldo Vitali, silversmith

Bjarke Ingels, futurist architect

Jake Shimabukuro, ukulele virtuoso and peacemaker

Scott Snibbe, Bjork's app designer

Tristan Eaton, graffiti artists turned toy designer

Heather Knight, social roboticist

Homaro Cantu, molecular gastronomer

Christopher Brosius, cab driver turned perfumer

Marco Tempest, "cyber illusionist"

Post by:
Filed under: Art • Culture • Design • Education • Fashion • Food • Future • Innovation • Music • Robots • Science • Social change • The Next List • Thinkers
  1. Georgetta

Thanks in support of sharing such a nice thinking, post is nice, thats why i have read it completely

April 12, 2014 at 6:54 pm | Reply
  2. Gain mass

I have taken testosterone all of my life because I do not produce it. I am wanting to join the national guard but i am not sure if this will disqualify me. If you have prior military experience those answers would be preferred but any help would be great..

July 24, 2013 at 7:18 am | Reply
  3. toni

how do i get on this wonderful show? I have a great idea that i am sure is a money maker. please somebody give me this info.

June 23, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Reply
  4. Zandra

Thanks for the purpose of furnishing these types of very good subject material.

June 14, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  5. Christi

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

May 28, 2013 at 11:50 pm | Reply
  6. Colene Oya

Reports show that the United States topped the Earth Hour participation with an estimated 80,000,000 people, 318 cities and 8 states participating. The Philippines saw participation from 647 cities and towns or over 15 million Filipinos were estimated to have joined in the hour-long lights-off at 8:30 – 9:30 PM local time. This was followed by Greece with 484 cities and towns participating, and Australia with 309.;`

Go look at our web site as well
    <http://www.prettygoddess.com

May 4, 2013 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  7. gwen young

i have a couple of great ideas how do i contact you please quick this is great!

February 25, 2013 at 8:31 pm | Reply
  8. muroto

ALL men? just sayin

May 12, 2012 at 8:37 am | Reply
    • BlahBlahBlah

"Heather Knight" Reading, much?

June 1, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Reply
  9. Nabil

Just a quick note to mention how great I think it is that this is inoorpcrated into the website. As Youth Leader at St G's I rarely get to hear Rev CJ's sermons as I'm involved with our youth group. I have really enjoyed taking time out of my Monday to hear the Word. Thanks CJ Scott Currie

April 30, 2012 at 12:53 am | Reply
  10. wrap2tyt

Just guessing here but...maybe if we could end and outlaw warfare... I'm sure that some would miss the good old day of "war profiteering", but this is for the greater good...right?

April 2, 2012 at 10:30 am | Reply
    • Fabian

Caroline N. Such a cute stamp! I would definitely use it for staniotery I love to make my own and this would be so cute! I'd like the letter C. Thanks for the opportunity! (btw, this is Caroline from SEMO I just love your work! I've been following your blog since I found out you were a photographer at Riann's wedding!)

August 22, 2012 at 2:25 am | Reply
  11. stephen

It doesn't really seem right, that the new education idea you are pushing here, the BLUE SCHOOL, is actually a private school, yes they say it is not for profit, but they ask for an admission fee, and for full time K-4th it is more than $ 31,000 per year. And even though I am a fan of Sir Ken Richards, I don't see him doing anything for public education, no he gets on the board of a private school which costs more than some universities. Seems rather elitist and not really a new idea.

March 31, 2012 at 11:16 am | Reply
  12. Jamesonk

"The Next List", AKA: CNN reconfiguring TED talks and milking them for ratings.

March 31, 2012 at 7:42 am | Reply
  13. InAwe

This article needs better proofreading. The names in the hyperlinks above the videos do not match the names in the videos.
    Scott Snibbe – Scott Snibe
    Jake Shimabukuro – Jake Shimaburkuro
    Bjarke Ingels – Bjarke Ingles
    Ubaldo Vitali – Ubaldo Vitale
    Dale Dougherty – Dale Daugherty
    Yves Behar – Yves Bahar

March 30, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Reply
    • Kgbuller

*rolls eyes* ...and everyone has learned exactly what? That you're so able to point out the faults of a better person's writing skills? You use your obviously superior literary skills in an effort to make yourself appear smarter at another's expense...how small you seem. Sleep well and dream large, giant.

March 31, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Reply
      • ATL

Criticizing someone for pointing out a news editor's mistakes? Since when was being unintelligent honorable and desirable? Are you a supporter of Rick Santorum? Seems so.

April 1, 2012 at 12:53 am |
      • Rais

Justus Ndiritu Posted on I am a Kenyan graduate in BSc. Physics and Mathematics and have been wniaitg for such an opportunity since I am financially incapacitated and cannot afford my master degree. Is it possible for me to apply for this particular scholarship? Kindly reply.warmest regardsJustus

August 19, 2012 at 8:55 am |
    • Saluna

March Forth has now moved from preprcutodion phase to prcutodion phase. This process will take 3-4 weeks. Following this phase, it will enter review for two weeks. If no corrections needed, publication will begin which will take another two weeks. Hopefully the book will be available by August 1st if all goes according. Of course we don't live in a perfect world so I will keep you all posted.

April 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  14. Victor

We are a small European company in China. We will help you to get a better quality and inexpensive merchandise from China. We do full quality insurance before it gets into a container.
    Your success is our success!

March 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  15. Freak Daddy

The robot chick is smoking hot!

March 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  16. Insert-coin select-song

Necessity is the mother of invention, but wisdom is marking the path taken to goal.

March 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  17. Powerlifter165

If you want people to look at your ad. Start with a hot chick on a motorcycle, first one I looked at.

March 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Reply
    • DeeNYC

that's why I clicked the article.

March 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Reply
      • Yaver

Thatʻs great! Take a picture of you and your famliy during Earth Hour. Have mom or dad send it to me and Iʻll post it on my blog. Have fun!

April 30, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
  18. alcourts

March 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Reply
    • DAYSI

I can't wait to read your book. You looked terifric when I had lunch with you today, so I know writing this book has been very healing for you. God is an awesome God.

April 30, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  19. Userfriendly

Why Jacque Fresco is not mentioned on this list is offensive.

March 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Reply
    • PK

We need more like minded people aligned with Jacque Fresco...

March 30, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Reply
  20. Twistable chains could be used to operate this creature

I realise now may not be the time.

March 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Reply